With two thirds of the Earth surface covered by Oceans, it would
only seem reasonable that a lot of the Earth’s most interesting
things lie within it. Octopus, Whales, Dolphins, Fish, Seahorses
and Sharks, just to name a few. So dive in!
Related theme: Beach
Field Trips & special activities:
- Visit your local aquarium
- Take a field trip to a large pet store to look at all the exotic fish
- If you’re lucky enough to live on a coastal town, take a field trip to the ocean.
Classroom decoration ideas
- Decorate your classroom like an underwater oceans-scape by hanging blue streamers and pictures of laminated fish from the ceiling.
- Rainbow Fish
Here are some spelling or vocabulary words to use throughout this theme:
- Aquatic: Of living in the water
- Crustacean: A creature that has no skeleton but only a hardened outer shell.
- Jelly Fish
- Sea Horse
The following subjects from our teacher’s encyclopedia will give you some fun and educational talking points and additional lessons to do with your kids:
Silly ocean-related jokes that little kids might like:
- Did you hear about the mermaid and the fisherman? They met on-line.
- Why can’t jellyfish tell lies? Because you can see right through them.
- Why don’t jellyfish amount to anything? Because they drift through life without any direction.
- Why don’t jelly-fish watch scary movies? Because they don’t have any guts.
- What is a sea turtle’s favorite sandwich? Peanut butter & jellyfish.